I’m a psychotherapist who helps people impacted by trauma, addiction, or difficult life stages. I work with adults, parents, co-parents, couples and families. People who need a partner to help shift the weight of their worries. Often there’s emotional, financial, work, school, legal or relationship chaos, especially when there’s a history of instability in the family ecosystem.
People feel so alone … and that shame makes it feel like no one could possibly untangle their predicament. I help lighten the burden.
I provide education and skills to help you recover your authentic wellness. I help families get on the same page and make a plan. With hope and a plan, we create new experiences. Together, we uncover confidence and improve your sense of feeling centered, accepted and focused on your values.
- Private addiction counseling
- Parenting & co-parenting in recovery
- Marriage/relationship values, connection & growth
- Trauma & PTSD
- Parents, partners, loved ones of substance mis-users
- Parents of children or family with behavioral or medical health problems
- Historical family trauma & difficult childhoods
- Adult/teen children of addicts (ACOA)
- Sandwich-generation (caretaking child & older adult family member)
- Depression, anxiety, anger, mood, bi-polar, ADD/ADHD
- Chronic pain & illness
- Entrepreneurial & professional development
- Career risk management
THERAPEUTIC FOCUS & SPECIALIZED TRAININGS
- Existential-Humanistic Psychotherapy
- Attachment, Interpersonal Neurobiology & Relational Security Theories
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Gottman Relationship Method – Level II trained
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- CRAFT (Get Your Loved One Sober) with Dr. Robert Meyers
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
ACCREDITATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s in Addiction Studies – Professional Mental Health Counseling program, Lewis & Clark College Graduate School, 2014
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC #C5478) registered with the Oregon State Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists.
- I have been a graduate student supervisor at the Lewis & Clark Community Counseling Clinic and will offer LPC/LMFT supervision in 2021.
- From 2019-2020, I provided telehealth services on a North American behavioral health phone line that supports hundreds of universities and colleges; managed and community/crisis agencies; and employee assistance programs.
- I have provided therapy services in private practice since 2018.
- From 2013-2018, I provided clinical care as a counselor in a vibrant outpatient community mental health clinic with hundreds of vulnerable, traumatized, and resilient clients. My experience includes working on integrated care teams to address medical, addiction, legal, family and complex social problems.
- From 1998-2008, I built a successful career in corporate communications, event management, research, content and curriculum development for Fortune 1000 executives.
- In 2007, I joined the Facebook Group “I’m a mother of twins and you can’t scare me”! This is true. I’m pretty unflappable.